SPAESI provides comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations and consulting services for children who may be experiencing difficulties in the classroom. The educational experience is formative for your child, both socially and intellectually. We obtain information about your child's learning style and academic strengths and weaknesses, and we provide you with the tools and resources you need to maximize student success.
Your child may be having a difficult time in school. You may suspect your child has Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Or, a doctor or a teacher may have suggested you attain a psychoeducational evaluation for your child. At SPAESI, we offer comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations to determine if your child has a condition which may affect his or her ability to learn, such as ADHD and executive functioning deficits.
A comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation includes an assessment of:
- Areas of proficiency
- Academic performance
Through the assessment process, our team:
- Tests for learning disabilities, such as reading disorder/dyslexia, written expression disorder/dysgraphia, math disorder/dyscalculia
- Documents the need for accommodations in school and on standardized tests
- Documents eligibility for an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
- Develops individualized recommendations to promote academic success
- Provides tools and guidance for anger management, anxiety, social skills training, and assistance with Attention Deficit Hypersensitivity Disorder symptoms
EDUCATIONAL CONSULTATION SERVICES
The school system has processes in place to assist children with developmental and behavioral concerns in the educational setting. It can be intimidating and challenging for parents to understand these processes and resources.
Our consultation services walk you through and explain the steps that the local school system has taken. More importantly, we also explain all of the steps that the school system should be taking.
We support you in making sure that your child receives the services they need to maximize student success.
Our consultation services include:
- Attending meetings with school and parents
- Monitoring response intervention process
- Providing teachers with tools for behavioral and academic intervention
- Assisting in the process of writing an individual education plan